Friday 5 June 2015

'Facing the Truth'

80cm x 60cm
charcoal, pastel and gesso on paper



'And while I sit here wondering why, 
My time without a trace runs by, 
And I am left forgotten' 

I've used the above lines from the end of a poem to capture the feeling in this piece. The subject is taken from one of my much earlier series of drawings which I've always promised myself I would return to, to develop the drawings further...and now at long last I have! And I must say it's a very satisfying feeling to fulfil a promise!  The lines of poetry fit nicely with the image and add another dimension to the work. I attributed the lines after I'd made the drawing, so they have in a sense, become an extension of the work. 
By the way, in case you were wondering...the lines are not appropriated, they are taken from one of my own poems...so no ensuing copyright issues on the horizon:)

No comments:

Post a Comment